Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Things People Do......

Our local Relay for Life is this coming weekend. I volunteered to walk for our company team. The local Relay does theme laps during the overnight hours to keep it fun and interesting.

One of the lap themes is Ohio State-Michigan. Living where I do, it is mainly OSU fans. After all we are only 90 minutes from Columbus. But, you will find a few UM fans in town. So most of the people walking during this time wear OSU clothing although last year a few people wore both!

I volunteered to walk this hour -- from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. There is no way you will get me into any Michigan clothing. Cold.Day.in.Hell..... But I wanted to do something a little different than just wear my OSU clothes. I knit and I happened to have the yarn colors needed for a UM scarf -- yellow and blue. (Hey these are U of Toledo's colors too and I do like that school!!!!). So I started knitting me a scarf. Instead of the whole thing being yellow and blue, I made it 1/2 yellow/blue and 1/2 red/gray.

Unique isn't it :)

And, since it is supposed to be in the 40's I just may need a scarf in May!

2 comments:

tosin said...

Cute!

And I love a good rivalry.

I hope you had a good time. And what a great cause!

~*toemi*~

tosin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.