Today was a very bad day. The project I was working on that was due on Monday just wasn't coming together like it normally does. That'll happen when people change procedures without thinking about them. I was so frustrated with it by lunch time that I had a mini-meltdown during lunch. I just sat here and cried for 5 minutes. Didn't even eat lunch, just drank a slim-fast shake.
I told the HR gal after lunch about it. She told me to be strong and not let it get to me. In fact, just before she went to lunch, she met with my boss and they had decided that she might possibly have to find a temp to help out. They were going to wait and see what she could find out tomorrow. She also said that she would ask co-worker to make up a list of some of the monthly stuff she does so that we don't miss anything. Small things like writing up a voucher for postage....
Later on, I saw the co-worker's daughter come in to see the HR gal. A little while later she called me back to her office to meet with her and my boss.....
My co-worker is officially on FMLA leave for an undetermined amount of time. Her diagnosis is some type of vertigo. She has to have some rehab and these sessions totally wipe her out.
And, with that they wanted to know what skills a temp should have. We discussed it and there are a few things that a temp could do to help me out that wouldn't take that much to learn especially since I would be available to answer questions. Hopefully, they can find someone and get them in place next week. They are thinking part-time for now with the possibility of more hours if my co-worker is off for awhile.
In the long run, I will still be working some long hours for the unforeseen future, but if I get help, maybe I can cut it back to 50 hours or less....
Until a temp actually happens, I guess I better plan on working 12 hours a day...
I told the HR gal after lunch about it. She told me to be strong and not let it get to me. In fact, just before she went to lunch, she met with my boss and they had decided that she might possibly have to find a temp to help out. They were going to wait and see what she could find out tomorrow. She also said that she would ask co-worker to make up a list of some of the monthly stuff she does so that we don't miss anything. Small things like writing up a voucher for postage....
Later on, I saw the co-worker's daughter come in to see the HR gal. A little while later she called me back to her office to meet with her and my boss.....
My co-worker is officially on FMLA leave for an undetermined amount of time. Her diagnosis is some type of vertigo. She has to have some rehab and these sessions totally wipe her out.
And, with that they wanted to know what skills a temp should have. We discussed it and there are a few things that a temp could do to help me out that wouldn't take that much to learn especially since I would be available to answer questions. Hopefully, they can find someone and get them in place next week. They are thinking part-time for now with the possibility of more hours if my co-worker is off for awhile.
In the long run, I will still be working some long hours for the unforeseen future, but if I get help, maybe I can cut it back to 50 hours or less....
Until a temp actually happens, I guess I better plan on working 12 hours a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment