Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Visit With Dad

Well, it has been a busy 2 weeks.

Dad came in from NC and stayed for almost 2 weeks. It was nice to have him around. We actually got to spend some time together talking about anything and everything. I love Martha but when she is here, they are always on the go.

Dad decided that the lawn and flower beds needed some work done. Can't argue with him since I don't do that kind of work. I have done some weeding this spring and did clean up quite a few of the leaves left from last fall. The outside looks completely different! All the shrubs out front are gone. There is a nice new brick border around all the flower beds (even though nothing is in them) and even the tree stump is gone. The mulch is now in the front bed beneath the picture window.

One more tree to come down when the ground has dried out some more. Dad and his brother, Larry, did get some of the lower branches off of it. Now, Larry just needs to get it down. After that, the stump will be ground out and there will be more mulch. Dad is going to fix the flower bed in that area also but wants the tree gone first. He wants to work on the flower beds the next time he comes home and put in some shrubs that don't get too tall. That's what we supposedly had, but some were 3 feet tall and others were 8 inches tall.

The lawn mower died also. He was going to buy a new one then thought better of it. Instead he arranged for someone to cut the grass and take care of the leaves for me in the fall. The price is only $5 more per time than what I paid my friend's son last summer. One less worry for me. I was seriously thinking about doing it myself but with my allergies, that would have been suicide...

We also got to enjoy Easter together and with his brother Mike's family. More on that in another post. It was a nice time and something we hadn't done for a long time. I sure do love my Dad :)

No comments: