Just about a year ago I wrote about my father being diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am relieved that I can say he is cancer-free. After his PSA rose again last summer, he chose to have radiation treatments and in November was declared cancer-free.
About the time he got his all-clear, his brother had a very high PSA. The doctor felt it could be an infection and treated him for that to begin with. Unfortunately that was not the case and my uncle has now been diagnosed with cancer. This is the brother that he is closest to... both age wise and as friends. Mike is 15 months older than Dad and they are like "2 peas in a pod".
Mike and his wife have 4 children. 2 girls and 2 boys (not to mention the grandkids and great-grandkids!). The oldest girl is 9 months older than me and the next girl is 9 months younger.... We were close growing up and I still spend a lot of holidays with their family. They consider me a part of their family and have for many years. When I heard about his diagnosis, I was floored. Not only does he have prostate cancer, he also has bone cancer. And from what I have learned the bone cancer is not only in his back but also small spots on his one hip, a rib and a lymph node. And, the prostate cancer is Stage 4.... He is having treatment for both cancers so we can only hope for the best.
I am again raising money for our county Relay for Life. But, you know what.... Mike's 2nd daughter has raised money for Relay for several years also. Last year, our efforts were for my Dad. This year they will be for her Dad.....
I.hate.the.word.Cancer.
3 comments:
*Hugs* to you. I'm sad to hear about this and will be praying for you and the entire family.
Prayers for your family....our dad has prostate cancer. We are currently trying to beat it!!
I am so sorry your family is again dealing with cancer. I know exactly about how you feel regarding the word cancer. I.hate.it.too.
Cali3674, a fellow scrapshare poster
Post a Comment