Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rest in Peace, Uncle Bill.....

A wonderful man passed away yesterday.

A wonderful father, grandfather, uncle and friend.

Anyone who met Bill loved him. He was funny, entertaining, smart, witty, and an all around nice guy.

His first career (that I knew) was as a high school teacher and basketball coach. Know how many of the young men he coached still called him "Coach" 30 years later? Lots of respect there also.

His next career was as a salesman for LaChoy Foods. The people he met and made friends with during that time was also astonishing. He's got friends all over the country and this was long before the internet!

I was lucky enough that he married my mom's sister. Growing up, we spent many wonderful times in Archbold with their family. His 3 children are like siblings to me. Sue and I are only 14 months apart in age so have always been very close. Her kids call me "Aunt" even though I am just a cousin....

12 years ago on Leap Day, my aunt passed away and now her DH joins her. I hope that they are forever together....

To one of the most loyal OSU Buckeye fans I have ever known....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Say hi to Woody!

Love you always!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What a wonderful tribute. He sounds like an incredible man.

Cali said...

Rene,

You have my deepest sympathies. These losses are so hard, aren't they? My grandmother is nearing the end as well. I am glad for you that your Uncle Bill brings such warm memories to you. Hugs during this difficult time.