I went to get food for the dogs today and I was very surprised when I saw the sign advertising what breeds they had for sale inside.

I know that Havanese are sold in stores elsewhere but I had not seen them in this area. In fact, Havanese are still pretty rare where I live. Other people haven't found out how lovable and cute this awesome breed is!
I asked where they got the Havanese and all they would tell me was a "local breeder". I told them that this made me sad and that I owned Havanese. Also that I have been a part of a group that was trying to keep Havanese out of the pet stores. I don't think the owner knew what to say.
I must admit that the 2 Havanese they had were absolutely adorable, white with black markings. I petted the one right up against the front of the cage but have no idea whether it was male or female. The one at the back of the cage turned over and stretched out and I could see it was a male. I don't know how long they have been there but they are 11 weeks old today, so at least they aren't too young. I got mine at the age of 9-10 weeks.
If only I was made of money, those 2 would not be in those cages anymore.
:(
I know that Havanese are sold in stores elsewhere but I had not seen them in this area. In fact, Havanese are still pretty rare where I live. Other people haven't found out how lovable and cute this awesome breed is!
I asked where they got the Havanese and all they would tell me was a "local breeder". I told them that this made me sad and that I owned Havanese. Also that I have been a part of a group that was trying to keep Havanese out of the pet stores. I don't think the owner knew what to say.
I must admit that the 2 Havanese they had were absolutely adorable, white with black markings. I petted the one right up against the front of the cage but have no idea whether it was male or female. The one at the back of the cage turned over and stretched out and I could see it was a male. I don't know how long they have been there but they are 11 weeks old today, so at least they aren't too young. I got mine at the age of 9-10 weeks.
If only I was made of money, those 2 would not be in those cages anymore.
:(
1 comment:
Oh, I'm sorry Rene'. I know it's hard to see dogs at a pet shop. My kids always want to stop in the one at our mall, but I can't --it breaks my heart to see all those dogs caged up. :(
Post a Comment