Friday, May 02, 2014

Dream Manager: Dream Boards

 

As a part of our group training in January, all participants were to write one dream on a card and put it on a dream board provided by Floyd Consulting. This is what we ended up with:

IMG_7700

During our first couple sessions, the topic of dream boards for display in the company came up.  Kim asked (or rather suggested strongly) that I put them together because of being so creative due to scrapbooking.  Wendy volunteered to help me.  Kim hoped that the 2 guys from Cleveland, and the 1 guy from Springfield would also do boards for their locations. 

Wendy and I decided to do 2 boards:

  • What’s Your Dream? – a place to put the dreams we hope to achieve
  • Living The Dream! – a place to share a dream achieved

We have 2 break rooms in the main plant so we decided to do 2 boards for each break room.  We had the original board shown above so needed 3 more boards.  Wendy was in charge of getting the boards.

I sat down at my computer and did a little scrapbooking and came up with the topics for the other boards:

Image1b

I then pulled out an old laptop that I could use to run my Craft Robo and cut out the titles for the boards:

IMG_7770

Wendy and I then put the titles and topics on the boards:

IMG_7772IMG_7773

Wendy and I decided that if the Cleveland and Springfield guys didn’t mind (they didn’t!), we would do boards for them.  So I proceeded to print out more topics and cut more titles.  We glued them on the boards and had them ready for the guys the next time they were at the main plant.

Our maintenance man put the boards up for us.  2 are in the break room in the linen side of the plant.  The decision was made to put the 2 boards for the uniform side of the plant on the wall outside the break room.  They are hanging in between the men’s and women’s restrooms right by the water fountain so the employees can’t miss them!  We’ve got blank dream cards on the boards so if an employee not involved in the program wants to fill one out, they can!

Linen Break Room:

IMG_7778

Uniform Plant:

IMG_7775

As the year went on, dreams were moved from the “What’s Your Dream?” boards to the “Living The Dream!” boards. At the end of the first year of the program the boards looked like this:

IMG_3154IMG_3155

IMG_3163IMG_3168

Now that a new 1st year class as well as a 2nd year for class has started, we hope that the dream boards will really start to fill up!

No comments: