I am very proud of the fact that my hometown is also the hometown of a real American hero, Neil Armstrong. Neil not only served in the military during the Korean War, he was the “first man to walk on the moon” in 1969.
Dad and Neil were in high school at the same time and the same age although Neil was a year ahead of Dad because of skipping a grade in school. Mom’s parents were very good friends of Neil’s parents and because of that we also knew them. When Mom and Dad built our house, we were living very close to Mr and Mrs Armstrong. In fact, I can see that house from my office window.
We were given a photo with Neil’s signature that has been proudly displayed in our home all these years. I decided it was time to scan and scrapbook the picture along with a picture I took of a drawing exhibited at the Neil Armstrong Air & Space Museum.
I used Sweet Digi Scrap’s kit “Comic Heroes”.
No comments:
Post a Comment