Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blizzard - Day 2

Woke up this morning to hear that my employer canceled 1st shift :) Made me a happy camper especially after I looked outside.

The drifts at the garage door were close to 2 feet in places. Not sure the 4-wheel drive would have made it thru since I would have had to back out.

As the day went on, I was getting more and more upset since the guy I hired to clear the drive never showed up and he had told me yesterday he would do it again today! Not to mention the 3 closest neighbors to me are all guys in their 30's. Of course, one is the guy who flaked on me. One used to do it but stopped several years ago (when flake took over). And, in a dire situation a couple of years ago I asked #3 to help and offered payment but he refused. Today all 3 of them looked at my drive, saw that I was home but did any of them ask if I needed it done.... NO.

I tried shoveling an area for the dogs and had to quit after 5 minutes. Went back out later and just tried to knock some of the snow in the deep areas down so it wouldn't go up the exhaust pipe in the morning. Didn't get very far with that either.

But, about 5:30 the dogs started going crazy so I thought my friend might be out there. Nope. It was some guy in a pickup and I didn't recognize him. He was plowing my driveway. When done he just drove away.

For once, somebody did something nice for me without me asking....

Thank you whoever you are.

Today's pics:

7:30 a.m.















10:00 a.m.















10:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

That is like what we had a few weeks ago.

That is awesome you had a RAK! What a nice person whoever you are!