Monday, July 23, 2007

Diet/Exercise -- 6 Month Progress Report

I had a meeting with my trainer today and I later realized that I first met with her 6 months ago on Jan 23. I actually started working out at the gym 1 1/2 weeks before that. On Jan 3 I had a doctor visit and I was weighed at my all-time high of 145 pounds. On Jan 23 I weighed in at 140.6.

So Jan 23 is when I started changing my eating habits. I had of course been eating all the wrong things and not enough. She stressed that I needed to eat more, not less because I was starving my body and that's why I was gaining weight. My 2nd weigh-in with her I gained 2 pounds but since then I've always lost.

Now, today I was a little worried about my weight because of the weekend at SWON and not doing any cardio exercise. I actually hadn't done heavy-duty cardio since last Tuesday, just walked the dogs on Wed/Thurs/Sun. I knew what I had weighed on the gym scales last Tuesday. I was amazed today that I had only gone up 1 pound!

She also took measurements today and we calculated how many inches total I have lost. She is extremely pleased with my progress and is going to design a program to now focus on the firming up of the upper arms, abs and thigh areas. I'm to keep up with the cardio I have been doing but we'll add some more strenuous strength exercises.

Of my original goals I gave her, I have already met one goal -- the loss of 15 pounds. I have also gone down 1 size in clothes. So now my goals are to go down 5-6 more pounds and 1 more size. I'm extremely close to the size goal but my pooch of a belly is the stumbling block. Hence, the need to firm that area. I will never have "6-pack abs" -- never have, but the pooch could be smaller!

We also talked about the health concerns I had when I started with her. I told her I'd be getting my cholesterol tested in Oct again and hopefully it will be as low as it was in March after working out for just 2 months.

So as of today, from Jan 3 I have lost almost 20 pounds. I have also lost 13.5 inches! 8.75 of those inches have been in the waist, hips and thighs.

The lifestyle changes I have made are so worth the end results!

No comments: