This week's SS Blog Challenge:
Summertiiiiiiiiiiiime, and the living is EEEeeezzzzzzy.
Tell us how you feel about summer. This summer, a childhood summer, summer traditions, random summer memories, summer sights and smells and sounds. Whatever. Wax poetic about summertime!
Can I just say that I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!
I love warm (or even hot) weather... I love being able to be outside... I love to people watch...
I inherited my love for summer I'm sure. My dad always loved being outside, he still does. That's probably why he and mom spent 4 months every winter in Florida... And, I always loved visiting them down there. And, I'm sure that had a lot to do with his decision to move to NC. He still goes to FL during the winter but spends the other 9 months where he can be outside. He'd be miserable in OH.... I know I am during the winter!
As a child I loved to go to the community pool. It is walking distance from my house. On Sunday mornings, they had "Family Day". Families could get in at 11:00. The actual hours were 2:00 to 7:00. We would go quite often. I loved to watch my Dad swim. He could dive into the shallow end and swim under water the length of the pool and back. And, it isn't a short pool. It is a regulation size pool and is used for swim meets. He would play with me in the pool and we always had fun.
And, during my college years, 20's and early 30's I will admit that I was a sun worshiper. I laid out to get a tan every chance I could. I tan easily... so does Dad and even Mom. But we always used lotion (even back in the days before SPF) although it was usually oil since we tanned easily. I love the smell of suntanned skin, can I say that is a very sexy smell to me?!?!?!
As I grew older I did stop the laying out, thank goodness for bottled tans :) I can still look good without the risk. One problem for summer though is my allergies. I've always had hay fever and as I've grown older, I've become allergic to more stuff. Very mild allergies, but allergies all the same.
But, my love for summer outweighs the allergies.
Just got back from taking the dogs for a walk and it was great even with the 86 degree temps. The sun is out and I'm a very happy person.
Summertiiiiiiiiiiiime, and the living is EEEeeezzzzzzy.
Tell us how you feel about summer. This summer, a childhood summer, summer traditions, random summer memories, summer sights and smells and sounds. Whatever. Wax poetic about summertime!
Can I just say that I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!
I love warm (or even hot) weather... I love being able to be outside... I love to people watch...
I inherited my love for summer I'm sure. My dad always loved being outside, he still does. That's probably why he and mom spent 4 months every winter in Florida... And, I always loved visiting them down there. And, I'm sure that had a lot to do with his decision to move to NC. He still goes to FL during the winter but spends the other 9 months where he can be outside. He'd be miserable in OH.... I know I am during the winter!
As a child I loved to go to the community pool. It is walking distance from my house. On Sunday mornings, they had "Family Day". Families could get in at 11:00. The actual hours were 2:00 to 7:00. We would go quite often. I loved to watch my Dad swim. He could dive into the shallow end and swim under water the length of the pool and back. And, it isn't a short pool. It is a regulation size pool and is used for swim meets. He would play with me in the pool and we always had fun.
And, during my college years, 20's and early 30's I will admit that I was a sun worshiper. I laid out to get a tan every chance I could. I tan easily... so does Dad and even Mom. But we always used lotion (even back in the days before SPF) although it was usually oil since we tanned easily. I love the smell of suntanned skin, can I say that is a very sexy smell to me?!?!?!
As I grew older I did stop the laying out, thank goodness for bottled tans :) I can still look good without the risk. One problem for summer though is my allergies. I've always had hay fever and as I've grown older, I've become allergic to more stuff. Very mild allergies, but allergies all the same.
But, my love for summer outweighs the allergies.
Just got back from taking the dogs for a walk and it was great even with the 86 degree temps. The sun is out and I'm a very happy person.
No comments:
Post a Comment